Monday, August 31, 2009
What's On Our Back To School Book Shelves

Grade 12

Apologia Physics
A Beka American National Government with supplemental historical biographies
A Beka Consumer Math
Rosetta Stone Spanish 4 (This is her 4th year of Spanish)
A Beka English
For Such a Time as This World Literature and writing course
Scripture Memory


Grade 9

A Beka Physical science
A Beka Algebra 1
Hebrew History
A Beka World Geography
A Beka English Grammar
Scripture Memory

All of these course are with the dvd instruction. We needed this for this year.


Grade 1- This seems like a lot, but it really isn't. We only do science and history 2 days a week and art once a week, although we have other crafts and art we do during afternoons. Her seatwork is page assignments that I give her to do while I am working with JH. She does these each day independently of me.

Sing Spell Read and Write(Phonics, language arts, spelling)...finishing up from last year. We have LOVED this! I will be using it with my younger one, too!
Saxon Math 2
A Beka Discovering God's World (science)
A Beka My World, My America (History/Geography)
A Beka Art Projects Grade 1
A Beka Letters and Sounds 1 (seatwork)
A Beka spelling (seatwork on some days, instruction on some days...weekly spelling tests)
A Reason For Handwriting grade 1 (seatwork)
A Beka Community Helpers activity book

When we finish Sing Spell Read and Write, I am going to start her in Shurley grammar, probably before Christmas. Also I will be adding Apologia Exploring Creation with Astronomy.


Preschool

Science and History with Evie. (2 days a week)
A Beka ABC-123
A Beka Readiness Skills
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (going through this slowly)
Linking cubes, puzzles, lots of floor play, arts and crafts, pattern blocks, and lots of library books!


Also, this wonderful book for morning time theology....after going through a lot of it, it is something every Christian home needs. I can't say that enough...Please read this to your children! Every section we have read, I put that book down with more awe towards God and more of an attitude of worship in my heart. The book teaches a high view of God and makes everyone realize how truly great God is!

posted at 2:49 PM
Comments (1)



1 Comments:
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hannah is starting Rosetta Stone this year :) Chris has been using it for several months and really likes it but is so puzzled at how it works! It is so weird how our brains work ;)

Just the word "Physics" makes me shudder. Good luck Gracie!

I am so glad you linked back to the book by Bruce Ware ... I remember you mentioning it before and we are finishing Leading Little Ones to God and ready for something new. It was perfect for Sam and yet still really good for the older ones too (me included!).

Thankfully, when teaching biblical truths there are no age barriers!

Blessings as you begin your school year, Kim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

I am a stay at home mother to 4. I am very blessed to have a godly husband who loves the Lord and his family. I welcome the days of much needed grace,the times of sweet victories,and the tears of trials,knowing it is all for God's glory. I want my lifesong to sing to Him,the author and finisher of my faith. Soli Deo Gloria--To the Glory of God alone.

My Complete Profile
Email Me Here



Adoption Information
Adoption video: Please watch "Bring Me Hope" Video found on this link:
Bring Me Hope Video

You Can Also Find Us Here:
Bringing Home Lydia
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch
Go The Distance

Miles in 2009
Run-550.5
Walk-105.5 miles

Miles in 2008
Run-643.5 miles
Walk-106 miles
Bike-28 miles
Daily Bible Verse

Recommended Reading
  • Pray For The Chapmans
  • In Memory Of Maria
  • Mary Beth Chapman
  • Amy Wilhoite's Love for a Faithful God and Her Amazing Testimony of God's Goodness. You must read!
  • Amy's Humble Musings
  • A Spacious Place
  • Al Mohler
  • Beauty From The Heart
  • Between Two Worlds
  • Bring The Rain
  • Challies
  • Deo Volente
  • Desiring God Blog
  • Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
  • Forthright Fixation
  • Girl Talk
  • Grace Notes
  • Happy Herbivore
  • I Am Chief
  • Irish Calvinist
  • Jillian,Inc
  • Josh Harris
  • Hope Road
  • Light Came
  • Lisa Writes
  • Mercy Days
  • Musings of the Dings
  • Of First Importance
  • Passionate Homemaking
  • Practicing Theology
  • Preschoolers and Peace
  • Pulpit Magazine
  • Purple Cellar
  • Radical Womanhood
  • Rebecca Writes
  • The Rebelution
  • Reflections
  • Renewing Our Minds
  • Seasonings of the Heart
  • Showered With Grace
  • Titus 2 Talk
  • Together For The Gospel
  • The Upward Call
  • Worship Matters
  • Friends

    Homeschooling Resources

    Good Stuff

    Previous Posts

    Search


    AddThis Feed Button

    Books I Am Reading Now


    Archives

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Meter:

    Miscellaneous