Tuesday, October 30, 2007
My Blogging Adventure Beginnings.....
I began this blog in September of 2006. I was looking for a way to keep a journal of sorts to document our wait for Lydia. I first learned about blogging from Eliot's blog...one I followed everyday for months after a friend told me about it. Matt and Ginny are friends of a very good friend of mine, so I somewhat felt like I knew them and I hung onto every word Matt said, anticipating each day they had with Eliot. I prayed for them and loved how I could *know* them through their blog. From theirs, I found a lot of you...and was so excited about having a blog of my own. I could not wait to comment on other's blogs whom I found so inspiring. Another thing I was amazed at was the fact that there were so many moms like me out there...and the like-mindedness and kindred spirit was found on many of your blogs as I read. That was so encouraging for me!
As I look back on this year and month of blogging, I am so thankful for those whose paths I have crossed. There are many who stand out to me and I could never list all of them....just look at my blog roll...it is full of wonderful blogs and I don't even have all of my favorites on my list!!!
I would just like to thank a few of my blogging friends at this time. I appreciate your encouragement. I love peeking in at your lives as you strive to live godly in this world. Most of your blogs make me think...although there are a couple that make me laugh...every time I read. I enjoy all of them. I don't read everyday. My time just does not allow for that...but when I do, I am inspired, thankful, challenged, and encouraged greatly. What a joy it has been to meet all of you.
So, much thanks to these great blogger friends of mine...and I do mean real friends.
Kim at Mercy Days has been one blogger who I would LOVE to meet in person. Her wit and charm are so evident from her lovely posts...most of which make me laugh out loud. (I do not do that very often when reading blogs.) Kim and I are very like-minded and attend churches that are probably very similar doctrinally. She is a homeschool mom and knows what she is doing, plus, her girls and mine would have a blast together...I can just tell. Her little Samuel could teach my Jack Henry a thing or two. Now that she is expecting baby #4, I'm sure she will have many more adventures to tell...She is very blessed and just a fun sweet person.
Amy and her family have meant so much to me. I don't remember how I found Amy's blog, but it has forever changed me. I think that is true because she caused me to see what suffering really is. I'm afraid of suffering or having someone in my family suffer... She was so strong and courageous...Her faith was in God and not in herself. Amy's example was so so challenging to me. It challenged me in ways I have never thought of. The thing I appreciate most about Amy is that she glorified God through her illness and suffering. And God was glorified. I just wonder how many people her life touched for God's glory...One really neat thing that happened through Amy's blog is a a long lost young girl(who is a very godly woman now) whom I taught in church years ago as a teenager found my blog through a comment I left on Amy's. She knew Amy from a friend of hers. Small world,isn't it? So, now, Leigh and I are in contact through our blogs....she attends Josh Harris' church and we are such like-minded sisters in Christ! That has been so fun finding her and seeing how God has worked in her life!!! I love you, Leigh! I enjoy her blog,too. You can read it here. Amy's family continues to be on my heart. I will continue to pray for them. It has been a joy to get to know them better.
Leslie at Lux Venit inspires me. She reads more than almost anyone I know...she has a heart to study and know God more. I love this about her! She is one blogging friend I have met in person and she is so sweet!!! I appreciate her and Karl's desire to seek out a Biblical church, but I know they have been through some struggles in that area. I just really respect her and how she handles her blog.
Rosemary is one whom I would love to meet. Her blog is refreshing and simple. She quotes words to great hymns and always inspires me with her wonderful quotes. The thing I appreciate about her is that there is so much spiritual depth to her life...it is just something I can tell. Her blog is simple, but there is so much more to her character and life. I would love to know her better. I know I could learn a lot from her wisdom and Biblical knowledge. That is why I frequent her blog. In a way, she mentors me through her blog.
Susanne at Living To Tell the Story was one of the first bloggers I met and I thought her blog was so cute....since then I have seen her heart for the Lord and respect her very much. She has children a tad older than mine, so I can appreciate her wisdom. Her joy in serving the Lord has been a great example to me.
I just love Mindy at Ponderings of the Heart. She has such a heart for studying God's Word. I can really appreciate that, especially since she has such young children and she still makes time for deep study. We have visited on the phone some and almost met once, but it didn't work out. Her blog has been a special one to me. Plus, it is just so cute!
Jill has been a great encouragement to me as we journey to our daughter from China. They recently adopted from China and that made 5 children for them,too. So, I was drawn to her blog from early on. She, also homeschools and her husband is a youth pastor. They just seem to have such a blessed life...although she will admit it is challenging sometimes, she seems to handle it all with ease while trusting God through it all.
Amber is such a sweetheart! She and I have connected through various things that we have in common. She is blessed with such a wonderful family. She has such a heart for her husband and her children...I love to read about her homeschooling adventures! She does so many really special things with her children! She was homeschooled (back when it was not popular) and now is so excited to be homeschooling her own children. I would love to meet her...I have met one of her sisters---she is a doll...now,if just Amber and I could meet. I think we would have so much to talk about!!!! I told her I would love to meet her mom one day, too. That lady inspires me....she needs to have a blog! : )
These are just a few of my favorites. I am going to be writing about some others in upcoming post...but I must wrap this post up. I mainly just want to say thank you to the blogs that have meant so much to me...and I want others to enjoy what I have benefited from by reading all of them.
I know most of you know where I got the name *Lifesong* from for my blog title. I recently was able to hear Casting Crowns sing this song in person. It was great! You can go back to my original post to read the words to the song and see what my original point was in starting a blog. It has not changed...I want my *lifesong* to sing to Him...the author and finisher of my faith.
As I look back on this year and month of blogging, I am so thankful for those whose paths I have crossed. There are many who stand out to me and I could never list all of them....just look at my blog roll...it is full of wonderful blogs and I don't even have all of my favorites on my list!!!
I would just like to thank a few of my blogging friends at this time. I appreciate your encouragement. I love peeking in at your lives as you strive to live godly in this world. Most of your blogs make me think...although there are a couple that make me laugh...every time I read. I enjoy all of them. I don't read everyday. My time just does not allow for that...but when I do, I am inspired, thankful, challenged, and encouraged greatly. What a joy it has been to meet all of you.
So, much thanks to these great blogger friends of mine...and I do mean real friends.
Kim at Mercy Days has been one blogger who I would LOVE to meet in person. Her wit and charm are so evident from her lovely posts...most of which make me laugh out loud. (I do not do that very often when reading blogs.) Kim and I are very like-minded and attend churches that are probably very similar doctrinally. She is a homeschool mom and knows what she is doing, plus, her girls and mine would have a blast together...I can just tell. Her little Samuel could teach my Jack Henry a thing or two. Now that she is expecting baby #4, I'm sure she will have many more adventures to tell...She is very blessed and just a fun sweet person.
Amy and her family have meant so much to me. I don't remember how I found Amy's blog, but it has forever changed me. I think that is true because she caused me to see what suffering really is. I'm afraid of suffering or having someone in my family suffer... She was so strong and courageous...Her faith was in God and not in herself. Amy's example was so so challenging to me. It challenged me in ways I have never thought of. The thing I appreciate most about Amy is that she glorified God through her illness and suffering. And God was glorified. I just wonder how many people her life touched for God's glory...One really neat thing that happened through Amy's blog is a a long lost young girl(who is a very godly woman now) whom I taught in church years ago as a teenager found my blog through a comment I left on Amy's. She knew Amy from a friend of hers. Small world,isn't it? So, now, Leigh and I are in contact through our blogs....she attends Josh Harris' church and we are such like-minded sisters in Christ! That has been so fun finding her and seeing how God has worked in her life!!! I love you, Leigh! I enjoy her blog,too. You can read it here. Amy's family continues to be on my heart. I will continue to pray for them. It has been a joy to get to know them better.
Leslie at Lux Venit inspires me. She reads more than almost anyone I know...she has a heart to study and know God more. I love this about her! She is one blogging friend I have met in person and she is so sweet!!! I appreciate her and Karl's desire to seek out a Biblical church, but I know they have been through some struggles in that area. I just really respect her and how she handles her blog.
Rosemary is one whom I would love to meet. Her blog is refreshing and simple. She quotes words to great hymns and always inspires me with her wonderful quotes. The thing I appreciate about her is that there is so much spiritual depth to her life...it is just something I can tell. Her blog is simple, but there is so much more to her character and life. I would love to know her better. I know I could learn a lot from her wisdom and Biblical knowledge. That is why I frequent her blog. In a way, she mentors me through her blog.
Susanne at Living To Tell the Story was one of the first bloggers I met and I thought her blog was so cute....since then I have seen her heart for the Lord and respect her very much. She has children a tad older than mine, so I can appreciate her wisdom. Her joy in serving the Lord has been a great example to me.
I just love Mindy at Ponderings of the Heart. She has such a heart for studying God's Word. I can really appreciate that, especially since she has such young children and she still makes time for deep study. We have visited on the phone some and almost met once, but it didn't work out. Her blog has been a special one to me. Plus, it is just so cute!
Jill has been a great encouragement to me as we journey to our daughter from China. They recently adopted from China and that made 5 children for them,too. So, I was drawn to her blog from early on. She, also homeschools and her husband is a youth pastor. They just seem to have such a blessed life...although she will admit it is challenging sometimes, she seems to handle it all with ease while trusting God through it all.
Amber is such a sweetheart! She and I have connected through various things that we have in common. She is blessed with such a wonderful family. She has such a heart for her husband and her children...I love to read about her homeschooling adventures! She does so many really special things with her children! She was homeschooled (back when it was not popular) and now is so excited to be homeschooling her own children. I would love to meet her...I have met one of her sisters---she is a doll...now,if just Amber and I could meet. I think we would have so much to talk about!!!! I told her I would love to meet her mom one day, too. That lady inspires me....she needs to have a blog! : )
These are just a few of my favorites. I am going to be writing about some others in upcoming post...but I must wrap this post up. I mainly just want to say thank you to the blogs that have meant so much to me...and I want others to enjoy what I have benefited from by reading all of them.
I know most of you know where I got the name *Lifesong* from for my blog title. I recently was able to hear Casting Crowns sing this song in person. It was great! You can go back to my original post to read the words to the song and see what my original point was in starting a blog. It has not changed...I want my *lifesong* to sing to Him...the author and finisher of my faith.


I am a stay at home mother to 4. I am very blessed to have a godly husband who loves the Lord and his family. I welcome the days of much needed grace,the times of sweet victories,and the tears of trials,knowing it is all for God's glory. I want my lifesong to sing to Him,the author and finisher of my faith. Soli Deo Gloria--To the Glory of God alone.









15 Comments:
I just have to Ditto you on Amber! She inspires me daily! And her mom? That woman needs to tell her story! What a wealth of ideas and just the fount of creativity! I just saw Casting Crowns Friday night. Were you there too?
I saw them a few weeks ago...they were great, weren't they? I appreciate that they are always pointing to Christ, not themselves.
What a great way to celebrate a year of blogging, honoring your blogging friends! I have been following you and your wonderful posts since you began, was that only a year ago? Wow! Glad you enjoyed the concert.
Kim you are so precious to me! I often refer to you in my circles of friends as "you know, Kimlifesong?"
It's like a very unique Indian name.
Being transparent and honest allows for your writing to reveal your heart...which I love! I am grateful to know you and would love for the day to come where we meet in person...with our kids!
Blessings sweet friend!
You have been a true inspiration through your blog.
I enjoyed reading how your blogging began. As an adoptive mom myself, I really value the journaling aspect of how adoption occurs and all that it means to the family. I pray that the days will pass quickly for Lydia to be complete in your family circle.
I so agree with you about all the wonderful people you "meet" through blogging. I'm very thankful to have found your blog. You have encouraged me so much! I'm so looking forward to the day Lydia is placed in your arms. I will e-mail you tonight or tomorrow about the comment you left on my blog.
Thanks for being the wonderful person you are! God has blessed many of us through you!
You listed some of my favorite places to visit as well!
May Lydia come home soon!
Kim you are too kind. You have inspired me to be more than I am on many occasions. May God be glorified in our bloggy friendships!
What a wonderful celebration, Kim, and I can truly say that having you in the blogging community has been an absolute blessing for me and caused me to grow and learn. Your desire to have the Lord glorified in everything you do has truly challenged and inspired me. I like you, don't always get around to all my favorite blogs everyday and don't always get to comment, but know you are definitely where I make a stop when I see in bloglines that you have posted. It's been a great year getting to know you and I look forward to your wonderful posts in the next year.
What a kind, lovely thing to say, Kim. Tears came to my eyes at the thought of God's using my blog in your life. I'd love to meet you in person too, and meet your sweet family. God's blessing on you!
I so enjoyed getting to know some of your blogging friends yesterday and today. It was fun to meet new people through the internet.
I met a gal through Homeschool blogger a year and a half ago. Little did I know that within a month, she would die in child birth. All I could think was what a blessing technology is! God allowed me to get to know her for a short time, but to be impacted by her heart for Him and her family.
Congratulations on one year Kim! I enjoy visiting you and soaking up your quiet gentle nature (and hoping some of it rubs off on me!).
Looking forward to the next year!!
Laura
Kim,
I am so grateful for Amy. Because of her blog, I continue to learn so much from you. God is so kind to bring me to your blog and to continue to use you in my life. I am humbled that you mentioned me in this post! How sweet of you! What a fine example of a God-seeking and God-exalting woman I have in you! I praise that Lord for the great work he does through you! I am so thankful that God continues to work through you and your blog to teach and encourage us all. What a great God we have!
God Bless!
I visit your site a lot and it inspires me, but tonight that song spoke to my heart.I really needed that. My son just lost his friend, Jon Yesterday morning. He was in a golf cart accident on Oct.29th and has been in the hospital since. My son has remained there every day and night, through it all with his friends holding prayer and believing that God would intervene. At 10:00 yesterday God did, He took Jon home. All the kids are having a hard time, but this song touched me as I sit here and listen. Thank you for this piece of comfort tonight and please keep Jon's family and friends in your prayers. You can read about Jon here. http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewMyStory.do?method=executeInit
~Sandy
Post a Comment
<< Home