Sunday, September 14, 2008
God's Faithfulness
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 22-23
From John MacArthur's Truth For Today:
I am praising God for His faithfulness today. Sometimes, I forget to. Somedays I take it for granted that ALL my sins are forgiven. Somedays I don't meditate on the cross...somedays I forget the ultimate sacrifice of my Lord and Savior. He took all of my sins upon His shoulders and died a terrible death, so that my Heavenly Father could accept me and all my sins. Some of you may not know about this amazing love that reached down and saved sinful men like us. I want to ask you to look upon the face of Christ and know that He suffered for you. He had to do this, because our sins separated us from a Holy God. The father loved us so much that this had to happen and Jesus did it willingly...for us...even in our unfaithfulness and carelessness to the things of God...even in our thoughtless sins each day....even in our silly attempts to save ourselves through our own goodness....He still remains the faithful One to us.
From John MacArthur's Truth For Today:
The goodness of God's faithfulness to believers is apparent, because even when we are unfaithful to Him, he remains faithful to us. The prophet Micah rejoiced in God's faithfulness, exulting, "Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because he delights in mercy." (Micah 7:18) Whenever you're in need, you can rely on the faithfulness of God's promises.
No ebb in the tide of your affection, nor trembling in the needle of your faith, can create the slightest variation in His love or faithfulness. Your waywardness has not chilled it, your fickleness has not affected it, your sinfulness has not forfeited it, because He is essentially, immutably, and eternally the same. ‘If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself.’”
- Octavius Winslow, The Sympathy of Christ
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
Isaiah 49:7 This is what the LORD says -- the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel -- to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."
1 Corinthians 1:9 God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Thessalonians 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
I am praising God for His faithfulness today. Sometimes, I forget to. Somedays I take it for granted that ALL my sins are forgiven. Somedays I don't meditate on the cross...somedays I forget the ultimate sacrifice of my Lord and Savior. He took all of my sins upon His shoulders and died a terrible death, so that my Heavenly Father could accept me and all my sins. Some of you may not know about this amazing love that reached down and saved sinful men like us. I want to ask you to look upon the face of Christ and know that He suffered for you. He had to do this, because our sins separated us from a Holy God. The father loved us so much that this had to happen and Jesus did it willingly...for us...even in our unfaithfulness and carelessness to the things of God...even in our thoughtless sins each day....even in our silly attempts to save ourselves through our own goodness....He still remains the faithful One to us.


I am a stay at home mother to 4. I am very blessed to have a godly husband who loves the Lord and his family. I welcome the days of much needed grace,the times of sweet victories,and the tears of trials,knowing it is all for God's glory. I want my lifesong to sing to Him,the author and finisher of my faith. Soli Deo Gloria--To the Glory of God alone.









8 Comments:
A good post, and exactly why I like John MacArthur so much!a
Kim,thank you for posting this! Our family is in the middle of so many major transitions right now. We are literally hanging in the balance,waiting on the Lord. We know He is faithful and the temptation to doubt Him is great due to my flesh. He has us in a place of desperation. Without His help, we will be in trouble. We thank Him for putting us in a position of knowing He alone can help us. Thanks for so many wonderful verses!
"...for he cannot deny himself"
I am so grateful that my own ability to seek him or my own faithfulness has nothing to do with the grace and love that he pours into my life. In spite of my miserable failures, ..."he delights in mercy."
Thank you God!
Thank you for this wonderful post this morning. What a beautiful way to start the day and our week.
Blessings Kim!
What a good post and a good reminder of God's faithfulness to us. Even in our sin.
wonderful, thanks for the reminder...as sad as it is that we would need one, really. We are unworthy.
Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week!
Yes, His mercies are new every morning; great is His faithfulness......even when we are faithless. I have been meditating on Lam. 3......this very thing. Thanks, Kim!
Great post Kim, and challenging too - I was particularly challenged by this sentence: "Somedays I take it for granted that ALL my sins are forgiven."
God is so faithful!
Post a Comment
<< Home